PMP Tops the List as Highest Paying Credential
According to recent salary surveys by ZDNET’s Tech Republic organization, the following are the highest paying certifications to have in the technology industry.
Here are a 10 highest paying IT certifications for the year 2011 which are best in demand. You can opt for any of them depending on which matches your career path.
1. Project Management Professional (PMP) — At the top of highest paying IT certifications list is PMP certification with salary ranging from a minimum of $90,428 to a maximum of $117,252 in the US and many other European Countries. One can get this course done at PMI (Project Management Institute) organization and get employed as project managers in leading companies.
2. PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) — At second position among highest paying IT certifications is CAPM with an average salary of around $101,103 per annum which is quite an attractive package. People with CAPM certification are recruited as Project coordinators, IT consultants etc.
3. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE) — A number of companies count this one among the best. According to a survey, the average salary for this certification in the US ranges from $71,996 to $109,283. MCSE certified person is able to run any MS based system like Microsoft Exchange and can take up positions like Network/ System Analyst, Network/ System Engineer etc.
4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) — The fourth in highest paying IT certifications list is CISSP. One can work as security managers/ professionals and draw an average salary of around $100,735. People working in several civilian, military and governmental security positions are also required to earn CISSP certification.
5. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) — In today’s world where mobile telephony and internet are becoming the vital part of our life, mobile operators as well as internet service providers are trying upgrade to fiber optics. A network expert with Cisco certification will always have an upper edge when it comes to managing and repairing switches and routers. The average salary for this certification ranges from $72,343 to $98,137.
6. Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) & Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCDP) — A person with CCDA certification has the essential knowledge, understanding and experience of designing Cisco converged networks where as CCNP certified people are able to handle LAN/WAN enterprise networks. CCDA and CCDP certified person would be employed as Network engineer with an average salary of somewhere around $97,995 and $97,296 respectively.
7. ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) v2 – Foundations — ITIL certified person holds proficiency in ITIL service delivery and service support. Amongst the highest paying IT certifications, ITIL earns an average salary of about $95,415.
8. VMware Certified Professional (VCP) — VCP certified people are in great demand as they are proficient in virtual infrastructure. These professionals have the skill of successfully installing, managing and deploying VMware vSphere 4. They can nicely slip into the position of Server Engineer and earn a salary of around $87,151.
9. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) — A CEH certification can earn you a handsome salary package of $86,053. A CEH certified person knows vulnerabilities and weaknesses in a system and work as an ethical hacker. He/she can take up job roles like security officers/ professional, site administrator, auditor etc.
10. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RGCE) — This certification can earn you a salary of around $83,692 and the job positions that you can take up include System Engineer (IT/ Computer Networking), System Administrator (Network/computer) etc.